Friday 5 October 2012

Rants about Soaps - Makeovers




I really wish soaps would portray poorer people with a bit of class. The homes of Ste in Hollyoaks and Billy and Lola in Eastenders resemble time warps from the late 70's to early 80's. I know plenty of people in tough financial situations and although they're poor, they've got a bit of style. How much would a tin of paint cost? They probably sell paint in the Pound Shop or some bargain retailer. Emmerdale's Dingle household could do with a clear out but at least their home fits their characters.

I know I may sound like I need to get of my soap box and stop ranting but the décor in the named above soaps really does my nut in. It's like they're saying poorer people have no pride in their homes. Come on scriptwriters and wardrobe...do your research.

No comments:

Post a Comment