Saturday 17 March 2012

'The Children' UK horror movie review

The Children copyright Lions Gate Entertainment 2008
Starring Eva Birthistle and Stephen Campbell Moore
Whilst relaxing on the sofa Wednesday (14th March 2002) night and flicking through the channels I came across 'The Children' (2008) on BBC1. It was after midnight and I was a little drowsy but the antics of the evil little buggers in this UK horror flick certainly woke me up. Talk about Damien (The Omen) times five, little girls included, it certainly was unsettling viewing as warned in the text box. Brit horror chillers haven't impressed me for years. Even the American ones seem too far fetched and full of fancy camera trickery these days.
Two families spend New Year together in a remote house in the middle of nowhere when the kids start acting strangely, turn a funny colour, then murder the adults. Loads of blood and gore without overkill for the horror factor and the adults suspecting each other for the grimsly murders for the dramatic plot. As a mother it did freak me out a little and had me wanting to scream at the TV every time one of the little satans tricked the parents into a lure of death with their innocence. Trust me I didn't go to sleep easily after its ending at 1:20am. The ending was a bit of a let down but cleverly leaves the door open for a sequel. Please!

To watch 'The Children' trailer click here


No comments:

Post a Comment