Sunday 18 March 2012

Dancing On Ice 2012 Finalists Revealed


Matthew Wolfenden

It's Chico's Time


Hollyoaks' Jorgie Porter
 Matthew Wolfenden, Chico and Jorgie Porter have skated their way to the final of the celebrity ice skating competition. I'm not a massive fan of the ITV show but I do tune in now and again and will be hopefully watching the final.  Matthew's my favourite to win but don't write off the competition, Chico and Jorgie can bust some moves on the ice too.

Sadly Jennifer Ellison left the show tonight in tears of emotion.  I must say if I'd risked my life and limbs on ice, been spun around in the air, legs akimbo in very skimpy costumes I'd be bawling to lose out so close to the final.

Jayne Torville and Christopher Dean performing
their Gold medal Bolero 1984
 I do wish they'd give a different piece of choreography to finalists to perform other than Torville and Dean's blinking bolero.  Yes it is a beautiful dance, and Yes it won them Gold in the Olympic Championships some hundred years ago but surely there are other medal winning perfomances that could be incorparated with to bring the competition forward, not repetitive.

Images courtsey of Bing image searches

No comments:

Post a Comment